Hyde Park Apartments

A Village inside Austin Texas

Tools ‹ Hyde Park Apartments — WordPress

Tools ‹ Hyde Park Apartments — WordPress.

January 14, 2010 Posted by | Apartments and Locations | Leave a comment

Popolo Village 111 West 38th Street

Starting at $599.00 Pre-leasing NOW! We have Efficiencies, to 1 Bedrooms avaliable for preleasing/wait list. Located on 38th Street just West of Speedway our small quiet community is also where our office is located. Stop in and apply for this or one of our other 10 Great locations!

 

For More Information Contact: 512-374-0166

January 14, 2010 Posted by | Apartments and Locations | , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Telluride 4100 Avenue C

We have 1 Bedroom,1 Bedrooms with lofts, and one 2-1 avaliable for preleasing/wait list. Located in the heart of Hyde Park, the all natural wood exterior makes you feel like you are in a mountain lodge. Convenient to UT and Downtown.

Starting at $699.00 Super Special $650.00 1-1 w/patio Move In 1/6/10 or $685.00 1-1 2nd floor Move In 2/6/10

For More Information Contact : 512-374-0166

January 14, 2010 Posted by | Apartments and Locations | , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Three Villas 612 W. North Loop Blvd.

 

We have 2 Bedroom 2 Baths avaliable for preleasing/wait list. Exceptional value and Great location you’ll fine comfort in the form of well-designed floor plans with Stackable Washer/Dryers in every home. Large living rooms & patios some with yards.

Super Special

Starting at $995.00

 $799.00 2nd Floor

$825.00 1st Floor

All W/Stackable Washer/

Dryers Included!!!

For Information Contact 512-374-0166

January 14, 2010 Posted by | Apartments and Locations | , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Westwood Place 1010 West 23rd St.

We have Efficiency, 1 Bedroom to 2 Bedrooms avaliable for preleasing/wait list. You will have more time to study when you live at Westwood. Just 3 blocks from UT and near ACC downtown Campus.

Starting at $725.00 Pre-leasing NOW!

For Leasing Information Contact: 512-374-0166

January 14, 2010 Posted by | Apartments and Locations | , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Frank M. and Annie G. Covert House 3912 Ave. G

The Frank M. and Annie G. Covert House is a historic home in the Hyde Park Historic District in Austin, Texas. It is also a part of the Shadow Lawn Historic District, a subdivision within the Hyde Park neighborhood established by Hyde Park founder Monroe Shipe.

The building was completed near the turn of the 20th century by local real estate broker and auto dealer Frank Covert. Like other homes in the neighborhood, it includes an eclectic combination of styles, including a Queen Anne form and Romanesque and Classical Revival details. The house features irregular massing, a two story wraparound veranda and masonry construction, unusual in Hyde Park.

According to information compiled by Peter Flagg Maxson, architectural historian, the Covert House had many owners in the 20th century. Under the Sassman ownership (1917-1945) it was rented out to, among others, Robert Winslow and the House of the Holy Infancy, a home for unwed mothers.

In the 1970s the Covert House was acquired by several families, who tried group living there. After a period of some neglect, the property was acquired by Dr. John and Ann Horan, who beautifully restored it. It has since been sold on to another person.

The house is located at 3912 Avenue G, across from the Page-Gilbert House. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in

January 13, 2010 Posted by | historic hyde park | , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Hildreth-Flanagan-Heierman House 3909 Ave. G

 

The Hildreth-Flanagan-Heierman House is an historic home in the Hyde Park historic district in Austin, Texas. It is also a part of the Shadow Lawn Historic District, a subdivision of the Hyde Park neighborhood designated by Hyde Park founder Monroe Shipe.

The home was completed in 1902 by master builder William Voss, Sr. for owner Charles A. Hildreth, at a total cost of $2,718. The house combines features of the Queen Anne and Colonial Revival styles.

The house is located at 3909 Avenue G. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.

January 13, 2010 Posted by | historic hyde park | , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Col. Monroe M. Shipe House 3816 Avenue G.

The Col. Monroe M. Shipe House is an historic two-story home in the Hyde Park historic district in Austin, Texas. The building was completed by Monroe Shipe, founder of Hyde Park, in 1892. It uses an eclectic combination of styles, including a Stick style form, Queen Anne decorations, and a flat concrete roof.[1]

Shipe platted the entire neighborhood of Hyde Park, and designated the few blocks near his home to be a subdivision he called “Shadowlawn.”

During renovation, it was discovered that the lumber in the home came from the grandstands of the State Fair of Texas which was once held nearby.

The home is located at 3816 Avenue G. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 29, 1983.[1]

January 13, 2010 Posted by | historic hyde park | , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Elisabet Ney Museum 304 E. 44th St

            ELISABET NEY
                1833–1907

The Elisabet Ney Museum is a museum located in Austin, Texas, United States. The museum is housed in the former studio of sculptor Elisabet Ney and is dedicated to showcasing her life and works. There is a permanent collection of Ney’s portrait busts and personal memorabilia on display.

Formosa, as Ney called the studio, was completed in 1893 and enlarged in 1902. It the earliest art studio built in Texas. After Ney died in 1907, Ella and Joseph B. Dibrell purchased the building to preserve it as an art center in memory of Ney.[1] The City of Austin assumed ownership of the museum in 1941 and it is managed through the City of Austin Parks and Recreation Department. In addition to being a local and state historic landmark, the museum was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 29, 1972.

From July 1980 to November 1982, the museum was closed for restoration and the installation of a climate-control system. The museum is currently undergoing another major renovation funded through a grant from the Save America’s Treasures project and a 2006 voter-approved bond.[2]

January 13, 2010 Posted by | historic hyde park | , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Hyde Park Historical Timeline

Elizabeth Ney’s Formosa

April 20, 1840 – 369 Acres patented to Thomas Gray 1850 Conveyed to Joseph Lee for homestead 1857 State Insane Asylum founded. 1872 Sold 206.25 acres to investors

June 2, 1885 – 85 Acres conveyed to Capital State Fair Association 1890 Property sold to Wm. B. Clarke, U. B. Buck, & Geo. Rockwell of Kansas City & A. W. Terrell of Travis Co. May 13 1890 206.25 Acres sold to Monroe Shipe for $70,000.00 of Abilene, Kansas. Dec. 8 1890 Shipe conveyed 206.25 acres to MKT Land and Town Co. for $180,000.00.

Jan. 3, 1891 – Hyde Park Addition filed at Travis County.

Feb. 26, 1891 4pm – First electric streetcar rolled on Congress Ave. tracks. First Hyde Park School built by Monroe Shipe. 1892 Hyde Park No. 2 platted. Shipe’s house built. Elisabet Ney Studio built. 59 lots sold to 16 owners – all but 2 were corner lots.

1894 – Hyde Park Baptist Church founded

May 1895 Moonlight Tower turned on.

1896 – 259 lots sold – corner lots the majority and lots near F and 40th. 1st Hyde Park Baptist Church built (now Hyde Park Presbyterian Church) 1904 Hyde Park advertised to the middle class.

1910 – Avenue B Grocery first operated by Marshall L. Johnson.

1911 – Baker School built at present location.

1913 – Sewer service installed.

1918 – Oakland Square Addition platted. (38th to 38 1/2 St. west of Speedway)

1922 – Shadow Lawn Platted.

1924 – Monroe Shipe died.

1924-35 – Building Boom.

1928 – Shipe Park dedicated. (Log clubhouse and pools predate 1941) Previously called Hyde Park Playground.

1929 – Fire Station Built, Bluebonnet Tourist Camp built. (Renamed Blue Bonnet Court, 1939)

July 1930 – Charlie Fariss sat in tree @ 41st & Guadalupe

Aug.15 1930 – Guadalupe paved. Substation built at 38th & Grooms

1931 – Austin’s first zoning ordinance

1941 – Hyde Park’s 50th birthday. Streetcar system dismantled.

Dec. 21, 1946 – Jane Shipe and Clotilda Ida Mansbendel release deed restrictions.

1950’s – Many homes become rental properties. UT ends policy requiring students to live on campus.

1960’s – City adopts policy in favor of upzoning Hyde park properties for apartments. Many apartments built. UT growth.

1972 – Elisabet Ney Museum listed in National Register

Fall 1974 – Hyde Park Neighborhood Association formed. Austin Historic Landmark’s Commission established

1976 – Moonlight Tower listed in National Register

1979 – Hyde Park Baptist Church property upzoned and new sanctuary built

Late 1970’s – City reverses policy of rezoning for apartments

1983 – Hyde Park Compatibility Standards Developed

1984 – Inner City Ordinance in effect

1985 – Hyde Park Plan Completed New Zoning Ordinance adopted with Compatibility Standards

1986 – Hyde Park National Register Nomination project initiated

August 1990 – Hyde Park and Shadow Lawn National Register Districts approved by Department of the Interior. (273 contributing structures & 237 noncontributing structures) HPBC NCCD adopted. HPNA starts NCCD work.

June 1991 – Hyde Park Life on the Avenues Exhibit at Ney Museum. Hyde Park . . . the first 50 years published Hyde Park 5K Run Hyde Park Centennial Celebration Hyde Park NCCD work continues with owner surveys and block surveys.

August 1991 – Texas Neighborhood Conservation Fund receives grant from National Trust for Historic preservation. HPNA & TNCF bring Stanland & Associates to Austin for Conservation District Workshop. NCCD Publishes Issues Draft.

Jan. 1992 – NCCD Publishes Vision Statement Texas MHMR Board approves Site Plan for major development at 38th St. PUD site.

June 1992 – NCCD Data Base Complete NCCD Land Use Complete

Jan 1993 – Cellular Transmission tower proposed in Hyde Park April HPNA adopts Guadalupe Corridor Plan

1994 – New transmission tower ordinance adopted. Cellular One equipment located atop Austin State Hospital building. Hyde Park and NUNA request rollback for Speedway. April HPNA adopts Infrastructure Plan. August, Hyde Park Markeptlace opens.

1995 – HPNA seeks funding to complete NCCD.

1996 – Pay as you throw implemented after extensive alley cleanup. Citizen Planning Committee supports neighborhood conservation. HPNA raises funds to keep pool open. First haunted alley. State puts triangle up for bids. Plans shown for redevelopment of Hancock center. Guadalupe Owners and Merchants Association formed.

Spring 1998 – City manager Jesus Garza annouces that alleys will remain open and waste collection will continue in alleys.

Fall 1998 – City of Austin assigns Neighborhood Planning staff to help with Hyde Park NCCD.

1999 – Hyde Park Plan balloted and adopted by neighbors. Traffic calming circles installed in Hyde Park. Walgreens constructed at 45th and Guadalupe. Jeff Woodruff becomes President of Hyde Park Neighborhood Association

March 3 2000 – Hyde Park Baptist church files Site Plan for garage building.

April 13 2000 – City Council adopts Hyde Park Neighborhood Plan.

Dec 13 2001 – City Council adopts the NCCD.

Jan 2002 – Shipe Park arch is erected at 45th Street.

January 13, 2010 Posted by | historic hyde park | , , , , , | Leave a comment